Wednesday, April 7, 2010

gotta get GROUNDED

Hey guys! I'm currently hanging out in bed and starting to wind down from a busy day. My pup is glued to my side, resting against me and already snoring. I heart this little man!

So this morning i whipped up a raw strawberry protein smoothie and ran out to catch a spin class before my hectic day began. I was pleasantly surprised to see a new instructor. Yikes! Has it been that long since I've popped in for my (usually) normal wednesday AM spin sesh? And because its a pet peeve of mine when people walk out of a class when a new person is there (all us instructors gotta start somewhere!) I stayed and wound up having a totally killer sweat-fest. It put me in such a good mood for the rest of my day.

I wanted to share what I've been focusing my classes on this week: grounding. Whenever we're feeling stressed, anxious or just out of place we can turn to a grounding practice to help us feel connected and stable again. My classes and I have spent time creating an intention to be aware of our grounding and connections to the earth.

Some poses to help keep you connected:
WARRIOR I
WARRIOR II
REVERSE WARRIOR
TRIANGLE
TREE
DANCER

I love to add balancing poses to challenge me when concentrating on keeping still and stable within my practice. Think about spreading your toes, rooting down through your feet and breathing deeply.

Try it out the next time you feel out of sorts, disconnected or anxious. See if it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment