Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Importance of You

I've found that when I get into work-mode, I tend to really overdue it. It was recently pointed out to me that I make all of my errands and responsibilities seem catastrophically important and let personal time and fun time constantly fall to the wayside. This, as you can imagine, makes me cranky and I get so swept up in doing things that I don't even realize it. Where's the fun in that!?

So I'm making a diligent point to take a step back. Sure I have to create classes and finish my spring clean and plan out dinner and return emails and phone calls and finish up some writing pieces.... but it's not the end of the world if I go out for a walk in the park in the middle of calls and emails or if I fit in a run to unwind after cleaning out my closet. It's so important to take time to be you and indulge in 'me time' and I'm such a big fan of it, yet I tend to get so caught up in day to day "stuff" that I forget about me.

There's always going to be something or someone that needs tending to or attention, but don't forget to give attention to yourself as well! So in the spirit of spoiling myself I'm on my way to a relaxing morning yoga class and will forget about the world until I get home (when of course I have a pile of dry cleaning that needs to be dropped off, a pup that will be demanding a walk and an inbox stuffed with emails that need answering).

Give yourself permission to treat yourself. As you make daily to-do lists don't forget to schedule a pedicure in there or time to just lounge on the couch with a glass of wine and stack of unread magazines...

It's easy to get caught up in life's never-ending to-do's and that's what makes it all the more important to remember the importance of treating yourself to 'you time.'

And on that note, I'm off to class!

No comments:

Post a Comment